As a progressive, forward-thinking company, we’re always on the lookout for hard working, committed, enthusiastic and talented people. Talented people are the key to our success. Only through their efforts can we deliver real value and continue to build positive relationships that make M&M successful.
Not only do we provide a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
If you are interested in working for M&M Contractors, please email your CV to email@example.com
Based in Belfast with a requirement for travel throughout the UK.
M&M Contractors (Europe) Ltd is now recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor.
Over the last 4 decades M&M Contractors have been developing and maintaining UK & Ireland’s Infrastructure. By specialising in power, telecoms, civil engineering and infrastructure we have built our business on a foundation of expertise, teamwork and customer service.
Location: Based in Belfast with a requirement for travel throughout the UK.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Quantity Surveyor will provide the quantity surveying function, including commercial transactions, commercial reporting and cash flow management on allocated projects which will include, but not limited to;
- Working with the planning team to ensure adequate project planning for the delivery team
- Developing and agreeing with the finance team the project cash flow based on the project plan
- Putting in place the appointment of the delivery team including subcontract documentation in line with the project planning and cashflow management
- Preparing and processing applications for interim payments in line with the cashflow plan
- Preparing and processing payments for the supply chain in line with supply chain documents and the cash flow plan
- Preparing and reporting on the CVR report in accordance with the company management reporting timetables
- Ensuring the project is remeasured, including the identification and capture and evaluation of project variations
- Preparing and agreeing the project final accounts
The Quantity Surveyor will have the following qualification or equivalent
- A BSc in Quantity surveying or third level qualification in the construction industry with 3 years surveying experience ideally in the utilities/telecommunications or civil engineering sector or qualification through experience (5 years) working at a quantity surveyor utilities/telecommunications or civil engineering sector.
- A CSR card – Silver level
- A good working knowledge of construction and engineering contracts
- IT proficient – Microsoft packages
- Experience in working with an industry project accounts software package e.g. COINS, REDSKY etc
- Experience in industry management software packages e.g. FOUR PROJECTS – ASTA PowerProject planning software
- Be strong in verbal and written communication skills
It is desirable that the Quantity Surveyor will have the following:
- The Quantity Surveyor will have or be working towards Chartered membership of the RICS (or equivalent)
Closing date: 28 March 2018
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy at our own discretion.
We are an equal opportunity employer