Electrical Main Cabling & Associated Civil Works
This project involved the upgrading of the mains electrical cabling as enabling works for £500m of investment over the next 5 years on new build properties and refurbishment of existing properties on the main QuB site.
Works carried out were as follows:
- 450m of trenching between the Botanic Switchroom, Administration, Peter Froggatt, School of Music, Lynn Library and the Library Stack Buildings.
- Reinstatement of asphalt, brick paving and granite slab areas.
- Create buildings entry points.
- Installation of new switchgear, cabling, commissioning and testing
- Minor Additional Civil Works including:
- Erection of vehicle bollards
- Erection of a bicycle shelter
- Over 4 weeks the works were carried out on a live site with 24 hour access required to pedestrians.
- The buildings and car park were also in continuous use for the duration of the works.