HAVHINGSTEN – LOUGHSHINNY FRONTHAUL
M&M successfully delivered the Loughshinny leg of the Havhingsten Cable Build. The Havhingsten Telecommunication cable is an open cable system that will span more than 940km of cable linking Ireland, Isle of Man, UK and Denmark. The cable will connect to data centres within each jurisdiction which will allow access to telecommunication companies and internet service providers improving data speeds.
The works involved:
- M&M completed a Feasibility Study for the route from the Car Park landing site to the proposed Cable Landing Station location
- All Licencing/noticing carried out by M&M
- Trial holes as requested by the Local Authority to ensure space was available for a future Irish Water Pumping Main
- Installation of 1.7km of 110mmDIA ducting by both open trench and directional drilling.
- Installation of JF4 concrete pulling chambers.
- Permanent re-instatement of verge, footways and carriageway.
- Excavation for the ESB Electricity ducting to the site.
- GPS as built survey and drawings.