ROCKABILL – IRISH BACKHAUL
The Rockaill project (also know as Super Highway 1) is a new combination of submarine cable and terrestrial links that connect Dublin to London and Lowestoft, on the eastern coast of the UK. The fibre network is a duct and dark fibre infrastructure system using a ultra-low-loss fibre to reduce cost per bit, while the system route meets the needs of Clients who want to transport multiple terabits of traffic.
The civil works involved:
- HDD shots to sea for the subsea cable in Portrane and Southport
- Beach Manhole construction
- Excavation on 18km of new 2-way ducts on the public roads and through private wayleaves
- Construction of the cable landing sites in Southport and Donabate
- GPS as built survey and drawings on completion
- M&M acted as PSCS for the works
The fibres works involved:
- Subduct installation
- Pulling 18km of 144f cable
- Fibre splicing, testing and commissioning works.